October 2013

Simshill and Old Cathcart Community Council

MINUTES OF MEETING on TUESDAY 1st OCTOBER 2013

                 HELD IN CASTLEMILK COMMUNITY FIRE STATION – Raithburn Avenue

  1. WELCOME: The chair opened the meeting by thanking everyone for their attendance

 

PRESENT: Community Councillors: Mark Caldwell (Vice Chair), Janet Dick ( Secretary),Ian Watson,

Alan Cuthbertson (Treasurer), John Smart (Planning)

Visitors/Residents: Baillie Margot Clark, Tom Spence

       APOLOGIES: Colin Carmichael (Chair) Debbie Thomson (Minutes Secretary)

  1. POLICE REPORT: There were no police present to give a report.
  2. UPDATES FROM LAST MEETING HELD ON 3rd SEPTEMBER 2013

PARKING ISSUES at St Fillans Primary School

After Alison Tausney and Marie McLaughlan reported this to us, Andrew Beglin (Traffic and Road Safety)

Took this matter in hand and reported back to us that he will request additional enforcement by the parking attendants at the peak times and that the council’s Road Safety Team were arranging a meeting with the

head teacher. It was also noticed that the road markings outside the school have been re-painted. The

         community council will keep an eye on this ongoing problem.

  1. PARKING and CONGESTION issues at shop area in Drakemire Drive.

This issue has not been resolved and we are requesting a meeting with Scotland Police about this.

They will be invited to our next meeting.

  1. BACK LANE AT SHOPS in Drakemire Drive/Carmunnock Road.

This is ongoing as we are gathering information on the possibility of gates, as the lane is used for drinking ,

dumping of rubbish, toileting and school children leave all their litter when gathering in lane, gardens or at

the lock-ups. We are awaiting quotes and also need information from police and fire service . Both will be

     invited to our next meeting.

  1. d.   OVERGROWN VEGETATION Shetland Drive at Farne Drive.

Andrew Beglin has requested that the owners cut back this vegetation that is causing obstruction.

It has been noticed that this vegetation has been cut back. This issue has now been resolved. The CC will be

       keeping an eye on this in the future.

  1. THE GRASS VERGE in Carmunnock Road.

This in places is very unsightly, we will be speaking to LES and will invite Jack Devine to our next meeting

to ask his advice and try to find a way to tackle this problem.

  1. POTHOLES in lane between Elmore and Maddison Avenues

John Smart reported that the lane is full of potholes because the bin lorries are using this lane.

Baillie Margot Clark looking into this and will get back to us for next meeting.

  1. COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING VENUE:

We have had a few people complaining about the change of venue for our meetings to Castlemilk Community Fire Station. This was discussed and a vote was taken by all present and it was agreed that

all future meetings will now be held in Kingspark Secondary School.

Mark will write a letter to the Fire Service thanking them for their generous hospitality and cancelling

         our booking of the community room with them.

  1. It was suggested we hold a Public Meeting to introduce ourselves to the community it was also suggested that this public meeting take place on Tuesday 22nd October 2013 in Kingspark Secondary school.

       Janet will arrange with the school for a room for this purpose and distribute notices of said event.

5b cont. It was also suggested that we have Delegate members such as local schools, churches and Friends of

Linn Park. Mark said he will write to these people and invite them.

  1. AGM

It was questioned as to whether it was viable (as we are relatively new and only had 3 meetings) that

we have an AGM this year and as yet bank account not fully operational. Treasurer has now given all details of signatories etc to bank and now awaits the statements being sent to himself the first will not be until

November. Alan gave cheque to Janet to pay into account as he is going on holiday. Baillie Margot Clark

         will speak to Steven Dowling regarding this matter

  1. NEXT MEETING:

The next meeting of community council will be Tuesday 12th November 2013

                               in Kingspark Secondary school at 7pm.

(This is due to our next meeting which should have been 5th November

but many people have made arrangements or go out on Guy Fawkes /Bonfire night)

 

The chair closed the meeting and thanked everyone for attending.

 

 

Simshill and Old Cathcart Community Council

MINUTES OF MEETING on TUESDAY 1st OCTOBER 2013

                 HELD IN CASTLEMILK COMMUNITY FIRE STATION – Raithburn Avenue

  1. WELCOME: The chair opened the meeting by thanking everyone for their attendance

 

PRESENT: Community Councillors: Mark Caldwell (Vice Chair), Janet Dick ( Secretary),Ian Watson,

Alan Cuthbertson (Treasurer), John Smart (Planning)

Visitors/Residents: Baillie Margot Clark, Tom Spence

       APOLOGIES: Colin Carmichael (Chair) Debbie Thomson (Minutes Secretary)

  1. POLICE REPORT: There were no police present to give a report.
  2. UPDATES FROM LAST MEETING HELD ON 3rd SEPTEMBER 2013

PARKING ISSUES at St Fillans Primary School

After Alison Tausney and Marie McLaughlan reported this to us, Andrew Beglin (Traffic and Road Safety)

Took this matter in hand and reported back to us that he will request additional enforcement by the parking attendants at the peak times and that the council’s Road Safety Team were arranging a meeting with the

head teacher. It was also noticed that the road markings outside the school have been re-painted. The

         community council will keep an eye on this ongoing problem.

  1. PARKING and CONGESTION issues at shop area in Drakemire Drive.

This issue has not been resolved and we are requesting a meeting with Scotland Police about this.

They will be invited to our next meeting.

  1. BACK LANE AT SHOPS in Drakemire Drive/Carmunnock Road.

This is ongoing as we are gathering information on the possibility of gates, as the lane is used for drinking ,

dumping of rubbish, toileting and school children leave all their litter when gathering in lane, gardens or at

the lock-ups. We are awaiting quotes and also need information from police and fire service . Both will be

     invited to our next meeting.

  1. d.   OVERGROWN VEGETATION Shetland Drive at Farne Drive.

Andrew Beglin has requested that the owners cut back this vegetation that is causing obstruction.

It has been noticed that this vegetation has been cut back. This issue has now been resolved. The CC will be

       keeping an eye on this in the future.

  1. THE GRASS VERGE in Carmunnock Road.

This in places is very unsightly, we will be speaking to LES and will invite Jack Devine to our next meeting

to ask his advice and try to find a way to tackle this problem.

  1. POTHOLES in lane between Elmore and Maddison Avenues

John Smart reported that the lane is full of potholes because the bin lorries are using this lane.

Baillie Margot Clark looking into this and will get back to us for next meeting.

  1. COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING VENUE:

We have had a few people complaining about the change of venue for our meetings to Castlemilk Community Fire Station. This was discussed and a vote was taken by all present and it was agreed that

all future meetings will now be held in Kingspark Secondary School.

Mark will write a letter to the Fire Service thanking them for their generous hospitality and cancelling

         our booking of the community room with them.

  1. It was suggested we hold a Public Meeting to introduce ourselves to the community it was also suggested that this public meeting take place on Tuesday 22nd October 2013 in Kingspark Secondary school.

       Janet will arrange with the school for a room for this purpose and distribute notices of said event.

5b cont. It was also suggested that we have Delegate members such as local schools, churches and Friends of

Linn Park. Mark said he will write to these people and invite them.

  1. AGM

It was questioned as to whether it was viable (as we are relatively new and only had 3 meetings) that

we have an AGM this year and as yet bank account not fully operational. Treasurer has now given all details of signatories etc to bank and now awaits the statements being sent to himself the first will not be until

November. Alan gave cheque to Janet to pay into account as he is going on holiday. Baillie Margot Clark

         will speak to Steven Dowling regarding this matter

  1. NEXT MEETING:

The next meeting of community council will be Tuesday 12th November 2013

                               in Kingspark Secondary school at 7pm.

(This is due to our next meeting which should have been 5th November

but many people have made arrangements or go out on Guy Fawkes /Bonfire night)

 

The chair closed the meeting and thanked everyone for attending.

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s